The Joomla! Project and Community is excited and proud to announce the immediate availability of Joomla! CMS 3.2.0 Stable.
With literally dozens of new features including:
- Content version control
- Many user interface improvements
- Easy multi-lingual setup for 64 officially supported languages
- Built-in Joomla! Extensions Finder as an onsite interface to the Joomla! Extensions Directory (that currently lists over 4000 extensions) providing one-click extensions installation
- Increased security with strong passwords and two step authentication
- New rapid development framework for new extension coding
Joomla 3.2 is a standard-term support release and is a one-click upgrade (not a migration) from previous Joomla 2.5 and 3 series releases.
This for all of you Joomla! 3.2 Template developers out there.If you’re like us and use Bootstrap in your templates, you’ve probably run into issues where MooTools More & Bootstrap.js don’t play nice.
Here’s a snippet of code (shoutout to this Joomla! Forum post) that we use in some of our templates to remove unwanted JS files:
unset($doc->_scripts[JURI::root(true) . '/media/system/js/mootools-core.js']);
Just be sure that this code is somewhere before your <jdoc:include type=“head” />.
To remove them, create an override in your template and remove the line. Obviously, this will make certain functions in the module, well, not function.
Also, one more word of caution: DO NOT MODIFY CORE JOOMLA! FILES. One of the benefits of using Joomla! is output overrides—using overrides will prevent you from overwriting files that could potentially change when the site gets upgraded to a newer version of Joomla!.
- Google Penalty Your Site? How to Check It? - February 8, 2021
- SEO Tips :: How Social Media Activity Promotes Your Business - June 24, 2016
- Blogging Tips :: Speed Up your WordPress Site in 10 Ways - June 22, 2016